[Sugar-devel] Next steps for the development team

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:46:41 EDT 2015

Thanks to Walter, Gonzalo, German and Sebastian for coming to the meeting,
it was a nice start! For those who couldn't see the meeting log at [1].

A few highlights:

   - Gonzalo mentioned that the previous release cycle was a bit too long.
   During the conversation emerged the need to take into consideration the
   beginning of school classes, deployments time to customize builds, and
   Google Code In. Gonzalo's suggestion was to move the final releases to June
   and early December (or late November).
   - Walter pointed out the need of knowing when will the developers and
   testers be really available. In order to get a realistic date for the
   release.
   - German Ruiz from Nicaragua offered his time to coordinate a testing
   team!
   - Sebastian Silva mentioned his intentions to get Sugar running on
   latest Debian and the new features requests from Peru, ie., being able to
   select language during first boot (ala intro screen).

I will try to organize an agenda for the next meeting ASAP.

Refs:
1.
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-03-24T17:10:29.html