[Sugar-devel] Speech synthesizer in sugar web

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 14 21:07:39 EDT 2015

It is a feature of the browser.  What browser are you using?

In what way does it not work?

Does the feature detection test pass?

if ('speechSynthesis' in window) {
 // Synthesis support. Make your web apps talk!
}

If you use the browser to visit html5test.com does the "Speech
Synthesis" item have a "Yes ✓"?

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 06:55:06PM -0600, Yader Velásquez wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this kind of
> questions, please let me know where I can ask for support about activity
> development.
>
> I'm working on an activity based on sugar web, I have to read some text from
> the screen and synthesize them. A quick glance in the web took me to the Web
> Speech API[1], but unfortunately it doesn't work within sugar osbuild.
>
> There are some third party libraries in the web, but I'm not sure what would be
> the best solution. The only requirements are to be supported by sugar web and
> to have spanish support. What do you suggest?
>
> Thank you.
>
> 1. [1]https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2014/01/
> Web-apps-that-talk---Introduction-to-the-Speech-Synthesis-API?hl=en
>
> --
> Yader.
> [2]http://yaderv.wordpress.com

> [1] https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2014/01/Web-apps-that-talk---Introduction-to-the-Speech-Synthesis-API?hl=en