[Sugar-devel] Speech synthesizer in sugar web

Yader Velásquez yajosev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:55:06 EDT 2015

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this kind of
questions, please let me know where I can ask for support about activity
development.

I'm working on an activity based on sugar web, I have to read some text
from the screen and synthesize them. A quick glance in the web took me to
the Web Speech API[1], but unfortunately it doesn't work within sugar
osbuild.

There are some third party libraries in the web, but I'm not sure what
would be the best solution. The only requirements are to be supported by
sugar web and to have spanish support. What do you suggest?

Thank you.

1.
https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2014/01/Web-apps-that-talk---Introduction-to-the-Speech-Synthesis-API?hl=en

--