[Sugar-devel] [Design] Bulletin Board - Design Review

Athar Haque findathar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:48:48 EDT 2014

Thanks for the feedback. I was also thinking about the space issue in the
main toolbar. For this I have made the bulletin button as a toggle button
which would hide/unhide the other two buttons as well as the bulletin
board. So only when the bulletin board is active all the three buttons
would take up space in the main toolbar.

I have included a demo in the wiki - http://youtu.be/-25pC3nCA3Y . This
would depict it better.

If space is still an issue then I can leave two buttons (Bulletin and chat
entry) on the main toolbar and adjust the third one (sharing) with the chat
entry. Will this solve the space issue?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>
wrote:

> What you think about put all the buttons needed in the same container,
> making a little smaller the entry?
> That could be easier the integration in the activities, just add a single
> widget,
> and you don't need change the main toolbar.
> Usually the space in the main toolbar is scarce,
> and you need make the activity work with the screen rotated too.
>
> Gonzalo
>

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Athar Haque <findathar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have made a wiki page on Bulletin Board and would require feedback on
>> the design from you all.
>>
>> Link - http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014/bulletinboard
>>
>> would request you all to go through it and give your valuable
>> suggestions.
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Nazrul
>> irc - native93

> Gonzalo Odiard
>
> SugarLabs - Software for children learning

Nazrul