[Sugar-devel] [OUTREACH] [DESIGN] Sugar for smartphones

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 05:00:22 EST 2014

On Feb 25, 2014 9:58 AM, "Ryan Cunningham" <rvskmbrly3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could go Ubuntu's way and use Qt with QML:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QML
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(framework)

If we were to do it we would probably:
1. Use sugar web (check out the sugarizer.org apk)
2. Somehow hack a GTK+ distro on touch devices. Probably something based of
fedora ARM

Using QT or android toolkit would mean moving ALL ui code into generic
libs, and move EVERY activity to that generic lib. It would not be fun.

> Other than that, Sugar for tablets (as you proposed) can use the existing
Sugar interface, including swiping from the center to a corner or edge to
access the Frame; but one should also be able to touch that corner or edge
directly and see the Frame.

Maybe we should make soas for ARM? The touch ui issues are already being
solved with XO 4/duo. It works sweet.

Sam