[Sugar-devel] Fwd: French keyboard map for XO-4 non-membrane keyboard

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Fri Dec 12 15:54:49 EST 2014

(Sorry, probably not the right for this question list but lists.laptop.org
seems to be down)

Hi all,

We're starting a small XO-4 deployment (25 XO) in a school in France.
We want to switch the English (US international) keyboard to a French one
(AZERTY).
Of course, I know it means that we'll need to use stickers to cover the
current keyboard.
BTW I would like to know how to do that at the software level:
- Is it possible into the firmware ? For example, changing a tag
- Is it possible from the command line ? I had no luck with setxkbmap fr
command.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards from France.

              Lionel.