[Sugar-devel] 90% working patches (was Re: 0.100 release schedule)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:07:59 EDT 2013

On 27 March 2013 19:01, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> Yes, I understand that :)
>
> "My" 10% intended any minor UI-tweaks (string change, text-positioning,
> etc), that are often not workflow-critical, and very easy to fix.
> Obviously, anything that breaks any use-case is a reason enough to reject
> the patch straightaway (even if that is 1% of the case).

If they are very easy than it's also easy to fix them before pushing :)

I think the real problem here is that it takes too much time to get
feedback on patch iterations. But we should fix that rather than
pushing patches which are not ready.

> Hmm .. it is big .. but I don't really know if any functionality should be
> broken into several patches, especially if the entire patch is necessary to
> make the feature work at all.
>
> Anyways, decide upon yourself when I float the patch this weekend :)

Yeah, that was a very general suggestion. It might not be possible
with all the code.

(Though splitting up sometimes helps to make it easier to review and
then the patchset can be pushed all together if necessary to make the
feature work at all).