[Sugar-devel] Unstable releases

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jun 26 13:02:42 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> we was supposed to release 0.99.0 today but we have not tarballs to ship
> because the maintainers have been to busy to deal with that.
>
> I already brought this up when we came up with the 0.100 roadmap but let me
> try again. Assuming we find resources to release, who is going to test that
> code? I suspect no one is going to, which makes releasing a waste of
> precious maintainers time.

There might not be a lot of testing, but some does happen. Here is one
example: these unstable tarballs will be built in Fedora (thanks
Peter) and then included in SoaS development builds, which are
frequently tested by satellit.

In the past such releases have also been shipped in OLPC development builds.

Daniel