[Sugar-devel] Unstable releases

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:55:21 EDT 2013

Hello,

we was supposed to release 0.99.0 today but we have not tarballs to ship
because the maintainers have been to busy to deal with that.

I already brought this up when we came up with the 0.100 roadmap but let me
try again. Assuming we find resources to release, who is going to test that
code? I suspect no one is going to, which makes releasing a waste of
precious maintainers time.

So I guess what I'm proposing is to drop unstable releases from the roadmap
for now. We need to figure out how to get testing on the latest code, which
might or might not require releases. But I think we should first have a
plan to get testing, then do what is necessary for that plan to work,
rather than making releases and hoping someone will test them.

--
Daniel Narvaez