[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-09-18

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 23 20:24:31 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 09:14:41PM -0300, S. Daniel Francis wrote:
> 2012/9/23 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:
> > It is irritating that we still store source code in linear text files
> > without built-in internationalisation.
> > As you change these names, they become far less useful to programmers
> > who use that language.
> >
> > The development system would be more open and inclusive if there was a
> > way to keep variable names, and other text, in multiple languages.
>
> It isn't possible, there is to implement l10n and then there are
> needed translators, our translators cant translate source code...

True, only bilingual programmers could translate source code ... and
that was what I was suggesting.  I doubt our string translators, or
their infrastructure, could be any help whatsoever.  It is a totally
different problem.

But I don't think it is impossible for bilingual programmers to
collaborate in this way.  Merely difficult.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/