[Sugar-devel] Call for testing and feedback: alternative Journal implementation

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Sat Jul 7 04:55:37 EDT 2012

Dear everyone,

I've updated the installation bundle for SemanticXO and also fixed a few
bugs reported on this mail thread.
To play around with the code:
* go to http://git.sugarlabs.org/semanticxo/main/trees/master/patch_my_xo
* put the files "patch_my_xo.py" and "semanticxo.tgz" somewhere on the XO
* login as root, set patch_my_xo.py to be executable and type
"./patch_my_xo.py setup"
* reboot

It's a very harsh script that will just overwrite the standard Journal code
and erase all the content. I've tested it on a couple of XO-1. If
everything works fine, you won't see any difference.
To see what happens in the back-end, open a web browser to
http://<IP_OF_THE_XO>:8080
to see the content of the triple store.

I'd now like to implement something to remotely query an XO triple store
from an activity.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an IP of a neighbour returned by
the presence service?
Or, shall I better wrap external calls to the triple store in a DBus API,
even if that is all plain HTTP?

Christophe