[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.94 - Schedule proposal

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:54:41 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> based on our previous 6 months development cycle I have drafted a 0.94
> release schedule [1]. As always it is aligned with the GNOME, Fedora and
> Ubuntu cycle.
>
> As we are a bit late in planning and officially announcing the schedule
> this will be a short cycle. If your Feature will miss the boat, no worries
> there will be a next cycle [2].
>
> I think it is good to stick to our schedule model nerveless because it does
> align with the other projects and it will help to strengthen our focus and
> land a few smaller Features and hopefully a lot of bug fixes.
>
> This cycle we will not switch to GNOME 3 and the dynamic gtk bindings yet.
> Hopefully we can advance on that matter for 0.96.
>
> Comments, thoughts welcome, if there are no major objections with that
> proposal - let's start officially the 0.94 hacking!
>
> Regards,
>   Simon

Speaking of releases I just noticed that Sugar's Wikipedia entry (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_(desktop_environment)) had still listed
the 0.90 release as the latest version. I've now updated it to 0.92 and used
a release date of February 23, hope that's indeed the right date:-)

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer