[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.94 - Schedule proposal

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Jul 29 06:10:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

based on our previous 6 months development cycle I have drafted a 0.94
release schedule [1]. As always it is aligned with the GNOME, Fedora and
Ubuntu cycle.

As we are a bit late in planning and officially announcing the schedule
this will be a short cycle. If your Feature will miss the boat, no
worries there will be a next cycle [2].

I think it is good to stick to our schedule model nerveless because it
does align with the other projects and it will help to strengthen our
focus and land a few smaller Features and hopefully a lot of bug fixes.

This cycle we will not switch to GNOME 3 and the dynamic gtk bindings
yet. Hopefully we can advance on that matter for 0.96.

Comments, thoughts welcome, if there are no major objections with that
proposal - let's start officially the 0.94 hacking!

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.94/Roadmap
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Roadmap