[Sugar-devel] slackware 13.37 and sugar

andrew andybrookestar at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:55:35 EST 2011

I have been using Soas-2-blueberry.iso installed on a usb ,which has
been working well.However I keep having to go to an internet cafe
running windows to use it, this is because my pc is running Slackware
13.37 and I have not manged to configure lilo to boot the usb.

Also there doesn't seem to be a capacity on this pc to set bios to boot
from usb.

The ideal would be to install sugar as packages on slackware 13.37 system

I have had a look at : http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.82/Source_Code

etoys is self explanatory -thats the choice of game apps

whats the difference between sugar-0.82.9 & sugar-base-0.82.2 ?

using src2pkg I have managed to create slackware packages
sugar-base-0.82.2-i486-1.txz and sugar-toolkit-0.82.11-i486-1 .txz both
of these have installed ok

i tried creating a "sugar build" with :
sugar-0.82.9.tar.bz2
  sugar.SlackBuild (based on alien bobs template)
sugar.info <http://sugar.info>
slack-desc

I got a fail quoting no "man page"  anybody into slackware out there who
can help?

cheers

andy brookes