[Sugar-devel] badges for collaborative activities

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Wed Dec 14 11:45:29 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Michael Stone
<michael.r.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/11, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at cscott.net> wrote:
>> I was playing with Sugar collaboration between my XO-1.75 and my
>> crazy-nephew's XO-1.5 over the weekend.  We wanted to "play together",
>> but it was hard to find which activities would let us do so.
>>
>> What if we added a small badge (perhaps the "ring of dots" used to
>> switch an activity from 'private' to 'shared') to activities on the
>> home screen to indicate that they support collaboration?  That would
>> make it easy to tell which activities allow us to play together.
>
> It's not worth much, but: "good suggestion; makes sense to me." :)

I've added my suggestion to the discussion page for Simon's
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Can_share
which also sounds like "good (implementation) suggestion, makes sense to me".

Once Simon's infrastructure is in place, then things like the "launch
as Shared" idea Walter wants should be straightforward as well.
(Although I will note that my 5-yr-old test subject is completely
baffled by the many different ways of launching/resuming activities
already.  He did understand how to share his activity w/ me, once I
showed it to him, and seemed quite pleased that he was able to "play
by himself" when he wanted to.)
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )