[Sugar-devel] SoaS 3 Activity list

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 10:54:55 EDT 2010

Peter,

I will repeat my suggestion to add Read and either (not both) of Get
Internet Archive Books or Get Books.  Read is as robust as it will
ever need to be, as long as SoaS includes the evince plugins for Deja
Vu and Comic Books.  Either of the book-getting Activites will make it
possible to search through thousands of free e-books and copy them to
the Journal, complete with a meaningful title and good metadata.  I
can vouch for the robustness of GIAB and GB seems to work fine as
well.

We actually promoted the use of Sugar for reading in the Strawberry
release, and I can see no reason to leave these Activities out now.

James Simmons