[Sugar-devel] SoaS 3 Activity list

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:06:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I will repeat my suggestion to add Read and either (not both) of Get
> Internet Archive Books or Get Books.  Read is as robust as it will
> ever need to be, as long as SoaS includes the evince plugins for Deja
> Vu and Comic Books.  Either of the book-getting Activites will make it
> possible to search through thousands of free e-books and copy them to
> the Journal, complete with a meaningful title and good metadata.  I
> can vouch for the robustness of GIAB and GB seems to work fine as
> well.
>
> We actually promoted the use of Sugar for reading in the Strawberry
> release, and I can see no reason to leave these Activities out now.

Already added Read back in (I did miss it off my initial list by the
sheer fact I didn't have a reference nearby when doing the email), at
least in the short term, the final package list is yet to be defined.

The next release will add back in:
sugar-write (yes I know it currently has issues)
sugar-read
sugar-chat
etoys-sugar

Peter