[Sugar-devel] Journal oddity: metadata with no file?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Mar 30 13:29:59 EDT 2009

On 30 Mar 2009, at 17:27, Eben Eliason wrote:

> 2009/3/30 Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org>:
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:11:46PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>>
>>> Only if something useful is stored. I was wrong to point a finger to
>>> Browse - the culprit is Terminal.
>>
>> Try the latest version of Terminal. It does store both current
>> working
>> directory and the scrollbuffer (awesome, BTW!).
>
> Fantastic! I've been awaiting that improvement. Does it restore the
> command history as well (and the environment, too, preferably)? I
> think that would be exceedingly useful, and would give even more
> reason to store separate terminal sessions for working in various
> directories, or on various projects.

Just covers journal save/resume of tabs, scrollback and working
directory so far – but that makes a big difference already for folks
who live on the Terminal side :-)

You should take a look from a UI design point of view as Wade added
multiple tab support (toolbar buttons for tab add/remove and
navigation, with the new tabs appearing along the bottom of the
screen, a little like IRC does for rooms). I can see other Activity
developers may pick up on this style so you might want to give it a
once over re the design; perhaps at least standardise on some toolbar
icons for tab functionality so other developers know what's good to
pick-up on.

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/648#comment:1

Regards,
--Gary