[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] netbook as terminology

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:19:03 EDT 2009

Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> writes:

> When we speak of netbooks, we can highlight Sugar's intrinsic ability to
> network and collaborate without the Internet; so, not Internet-book, but
> network-book!
>
> XO-1s do this by default, we should push this capability into any Wi-Fi enabled
> device running Sugar.

Yes.  In the meantime, I would *love* to see the XS server running, and
a tutorial on how to use Sugar with non-XO computers connected thru a XS
server...  IMHO it's a promise that OLPC/Sugar cannot afford to bypass.

For example, there are many schools in France where they use an
Ubuntu-based distribution (AbulEdu) as a server and let the children
computers interact through this server.  When I talk to them about
Sugar, they immediately ask about the server.

--
 Bastien