[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] netbook as terminology

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:03:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't know that we should decide to push a name change on the market.

Even in the "developed" world, the Internet is not everywhere, e.g., most
> classrooms, and as much as it has been good for the service providers to
> pitch it as true, the cloud is not right solution to every problem.

When we speak of netbooks, we can highlight Sugar's intrinsic ability to
network and collaborate without the Internet; so, not Internet-book, but
network-book!

XO-1s do this by default, we should push this capability into any Wi-Fi
enabled device running Sugar.

          --Fred