[Sugar-devel] Religious/Spiritual Text

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:18:52 EST 2009

Art,

I don't think your revised version is necessarily an improvement over
the original.  It sounds "new-agey" to me and would probably offend
more people than the original.

While I am against *governments* endorsing specific religions
*individuals* certainly ought to be able to do that.  If the
description of your Activity on ASLO suggests the nature of the music
you're providing I don't see why anyone should be offended.  Nobody is
being forced to take it.  It's your personal expression.  I could see
issues with shipping Activities like that with SoaS, but nobody is
doing that.

I am not a religious person in the usual sense of the word, but I
don't have any problem with people using my software to study their
own religion or anyone else's.  If Creationists use SoaS to help home
school their kids I could live with that too.

James Simmons