[Sugar-devel] [Timezone?] Timezone settings

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 20 19:24:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 02:51:43PM -0500, Andr?s Arrieta Perr?ard wrote:
> When you set up the time zone on the settings what exactly does it
> runs?

Exactly it sets /desktop/sugar/date/timezone in gconf.
Reference: extensions/cpsection/datetime/model.py

> I tried cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City /etc/localtime
> /sbin/hwclock --systohc

Sugar only uses this if you have not set the timezone in the Control
Panel.  Reference: bin/sugar-session main().  Once you have set the
timezone in the Control Panel, it will use what you have set.

> tried export TZ too

As above.

> And they did work, I execute date and have the new right time.
> BUT within sugar the time stays GMT.
> I rebooted and still GMT in Sugar.

Based on your later post, it seems you have a problem with gconf.

> So how does sugar manages time? I know it's easier to change it from
> settings but I need in this case to do it via command line.

If you are preparing an image for others, then you could capture the
filesystem change and use that.

XE1YAA VK2LQZ clear.

--
James Cameron