[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:13:42 EDT 2009

Martin,

For what it's worth, I've experienced this running the Sugar test
environment in both Fedora 10 and 11.  It would not seem to be
specific to .82.  The way to reproduce the problem is to run the Sugar
environment in Xephyr (sugar-emulator).  Do some stuff, then instead
of shutting down cleanly click on the "close" button on the Xephyr
window.  That will close your Sugar session and practically guarantee
that the next time you open it your Sugar Journal will be empty.  I
regret to say that I've done this a few times.

James Simmons