[Sugar-devel] buddy tags

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Tue Aug 4 20:43:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 4 Aug 2009, at 03:16, Gary C Martin wrote:
>
>>> The palette, on the other hand, doesn't work as you've mocked it up.
>>> The primary palette is a fixed height, and only supports single line
>>> primary and secondary titles. I think the tags/description belong in
>>> the secondary palette instead. See
>>> [http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Designs/Activity_Management#03
>>> ]
>>> for a related sketch. We've abandoned the gray background, and we
>>> don't have avatars or structured content as shown here, but I think we
>>> could add a "section" to the secondary palette containing this extra
>>> info. It would expand, but the primary palette would always be a fixed
>>> size.
>>
>> Thanks. I didn't know that. I will amend my mock-ups, should work just
>> as well with that change.
>

> Mock-ups amended, they now show self tags in the secondary palette area:
>
>        http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Buddy_Tags

Looks good. The more I look at it, the more I think we need to come up
with a good label for this. I keep coming back to the simple but
appropriate "likes" idea. In the settings, we could label the field "I
like:", and in buddy palettes we could have a label "Gary likes:"
which would provide some context for the list. It's also nice because
this short and intuitive label seems to imply a list format, to some
extent.

We should also consider a limit on the entry field, or a way to limit
the amount shown in the palette (probably just an ellipsis).

Eben