[sugar] (very) Little Proposals for 9.1

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco
Mon Oct 13 09:25:07 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> Then we should not have a shutdown button at all :)
>
> Even though this comment was accompanied by a smiley, a "software
> shutdown button" somewhere is useful.

I agree with this. I was with my (almost) 7 year old daughter
yesterday and she was studying scratch with 767 and after an hour of
playing around, she told me that she wants to turn it off (the XO) but
she couldn't determine how as there is no obvious way of doing so from
the OS unlike what she can do on XP or Gnome, so the first thing she
did  was press the power button.

I could have easily taught her how to properly shut it down by going
to Home view, but I think self-discovery could have been a bigger
booster for her confidence in using the XO.

--
Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com
Blog: http://engage.wordpress.com