[sugar] (very) Little Proposals for 9.1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Mon Oct 13 07:57:00 EDT 2008

> Then we should not have a shutdown button at all :)

Even though this comment was accompanied by a smiley, a "software
shutdown button" somewhere is useful.

I use a wired connection, and therefore don't use suspend:
suspend stops the wired connection, and resume does not
restart it correctly.

But I don't want my XO "active" while I'm transporting it.  What I
use to shut it down is CLI 'shutdown' in root.  That might be too
cumbersome for many - hence the need for a "software shutdown
button" <perhaps in Frame ?>.  [I believe that Linux systems should
receive a signal to gracefully shutdown the software, rather than
having the user abruptly push power-off.]

mikus