[sugar] Porting help for Monty Karel

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sat Feb 9 12:47:53 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 12:37 -0500, Joseph Bergin wrote:
> I am the author of Karel J Robot and now Monty
> Karel. I am finishing a port of the monty
> (python) software to pygtk graphics ( I have
> several other versions) and would like to get
> this ported to the olpc and contributed to the
> community. If someone who is good at this can
> give me a hand in the final port I'd love to hear
> from you.
>
> I developed in under Fedora 8 and it should be
> done in a day or so. I'm cleaning up the code and
> getting out last minute kinks.
>
> If you don't know about the Karel series, it was
> originally a book Karel the Robot by Rich Pattis.
> I've taken over the series now and have produced
> several books and software. It is used in high
> school and in intro college courses around the
> world - especially the Java version in APCS
> courses in the states.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I've found the
> wiki pages, by the way and am trying to get it
> going. I have two olpc machines I bought recently
> under the bogo program.
>
> You can learn more about karel if you like, from my web site.

Looks very interesting. I would suggest you posting the questions you
have about porting to the sugar mailing list.

Many people will be able to help you and your questions will be of use
to many other people in a similar situation.

Also, you are welcome to join us in #sugar:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IRC#irc.freenode.net_channels

Regards,

Tomeu