[sugar] Porting help for Monty Karel

Joseph Bergin jbergin
Sat Feb 9 12:37:41 EST 2008

I am the author of Karel J Robot and now Monty
Karel. I am finishing a port of the monty
(python) software to pygtk graphics ( I have
several other versions) and would like to get
this ported to the olpc and contributed to the
community. If someone who is good at this can
give me a hand in the final port I'd love to hear
from you.

I developed in under Fedora 8 and it should be
done in a day or so. I'm cleaning up the code and
getting out last minute kinks.

If you don't know about the Karel series, it was
originally a book Karel the Robot by Rich Pattis.
I've taken over the series now and have produced
several books and software. It is used in high
school and in intro college courses around the
world - especially the Java version in APCS
courses in the states.

Any help would be appreciated. I've found the
wiki pages, by the way and am trying to get it
going. I have two olpc machines I bought recently
under the bogo program.

You can learn more about karel if you like, from my web site.

Thanks
Joe
--
Joseph Bergin, Professor
Pace University, Computer Science, One Pace Plaza, NY NY 10038
EMAIL jbergin at pace.edu
HOMEPAGE http://csis.pace.edu/~bergin/
---
"In theory, theory is the same as practice, but not in practice ."
- Fnord Bj?rnberger