[Sugar-devel] Some possible git patches for Labyrinth-4

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sat Dec 20 14:11:33 EST 2008

Gary C Martin wrote:
> Hi Tomeu (and other Sugar devs),
>
> Here's some patches for the Labyrinth-4  work created with:
>
>     git-format-patch 0d2bf1756d5f05b86a4f35ba8cbdb401b5cdb724
>
> That covers all the commits I've re-made here to a clone of your
> Labyrinth-4 git rep:
>
>     http://gitorious.org/projects/labyrinth-sugar
>
> I'm still rough with git, workflow, et al, so shout if I could be making
> this easier for folks to work with. All of these patches so far (except
> the SVG icon) are to the upstream labyrinth source code to make it work
> a little better (and prettier) on Sugar. Is there some sort of magical
> OSS dance to waft some of these upstream, or is this effort considered a
> fork?
>
> Patches were to:
>
> - Removed the fill on the bounding box so you can see what you're
> selecting...
> - Use users XO colours for the primary thought.
> - Make default thought colour white so that gtk selection state is visible.
> - Made thought boxes more rounded.
> - Enabled curves by default.
> - Allowed delete key event to work on links.
> - Added sugar friendly SVG activity icon.
>
> Eye candy:
>

> Perhaps I should just post patches to the sugar-dev list, it may nudge
> others into action and stop me from bothering Tomeu too much ;-) I guess
> I'd need to be able to push (accepted) patches to Tomeu's git rep, if
> that's the right procedure to aim for.
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

Hi Gary,

from a quick reading this sounds like you put a lot of work into this
already. I am sure Tomeu would give you access to the repository. If you
want your code to be reviewed you can either create tickets for each
patch and follow the guidelines
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/CodeReview

But it sounds to me like you are just in a productive phase and are
happy hacking on it and then I would call this review process overkill.
I am sure Tomeu would not mind having you listed as an equitable submitter.

Tomeu, what do you think?
    Simon