[sugar] packaging activities for ubuntu

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie
Wed Sep 12 14:38:34 EDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 at 13:48:29 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Already added both last night, I'll just have to figure out how to test them without an actual
> network. I focused on getting the emulator UI running, but I'll definitely look into ways of
> running the activities as if there was an actual mesh. Any pointers are most welcome, I hope nm,avahi
> and dbus as they are in gutsy won't need messing around with for this.

You need Avahi, and patched/branch versions of telepathy-gabble and
telepathy-salut (for which you should coordinate with the Debian and
Ubuntu Telepathy packagers, who're in #telepathy on Freenode).

Link-local networking with Salut will work if you have avahi-daemon and you're
on the same local LAN as the other guy, server-based networking with Gabble
will work if you can see the Internet.

	Simon