[sugar] packaging activities for ubuntu

Jani Monoses jani
Wed Sep 19 15:25:33 EDT 2007

Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 at 13:48:29 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
>> Already added both last night, I'll just have to figure out how to test them without an actual
>> network. I focused on getting the emulator UI running, but I'll definitely look into ways of
>> running the activities as if there was an actual mesh. Any pointers are most welcome, I hope nm,avahi
>> and dbus as they are in gutsy won't need messing around with for this.
>
> You need Avahi, and patched/branch versions of telepathy-gabble and
> telepathy-salut (for which you should coordinate with the Debian and
> Ubuntu Telepathy packagers, who're in #telepathy on Freenode).
>
> Link-local networking with Salut will work if you have avahi-daemon and you're
> on the same local LAN as the other guy, server-based networking with Gabble
> will work if you can see the Internet.

Thanks. Talked to Guillaume on IRC as well and now with the olpc-trial3
branch of telepathy-salut packaged, two sugar-emulators running on the
same machine can collaborate using the chat activity. The others
(connect, memorize) while blinking in the toolbar when invited do not
appear to share any data when running.

Jani