[sugar] A few more toolbar buttons for AbiWord?

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au msevior
Sun Nov 19 00:58:26 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
            I'd like to move forward on what is needed for AbiWord on OLPC.

In particular I thought you might like a few, (up to 3), more toolbar
buttons.

These might be:

1. A font combo button.

Kids love choosing fancy fonts for their work. So we could give them this
option if wanted.

2. Collaboration.

This will allow kids to start/stop a collaborative editing session with
each other. Teachers could also drop in on the document creation process
and maybe offer suggestions. kids will be able to find one another via the
presence service and connect via direct TCP/IP.

3. Insert Table widget.

This allows kids to insert a table of the required dimensions into their
document via a mouse. I think is rather intuitive.

Other than this I guess we'll keep working on the Crossmark
import/exporter and fix bugs.

Please let us know what else is needed and if you think any of the extra
buttons I mentioned are needed.

Cheers

Martin