[SoaS] Suggestion:The SugarClone script needs to generate an.iso file of a SugarClone customized USB

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sun May 2 09:35:08 EDT 2010

moving onto list...

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Suggestion:The SugarClone script needs to generate an.iso file of a
SugarClone customized USB
------------------------

From: *Thomas C Gilliard* <satellit at bendbroadband.com>
Date: Sun, May 2, 2010 at 8:40 AM
To: Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com>
Cc: Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com>

Suggestions to consider:

If the, easy to use, SugarClone script could somehow generate an.iso file of
a Master customized USB, we would have a great method for generation of
 Mirabelle Spins. The .iso format would then allow easy and cheap
distribution.
New persistent sticks could be created from them via liveusb-creator or the
livecd-iso-to-disk script. (I know we are looking for a "dead easy" way to
do this)

This would negate need for the use of kickstart files, revisor and other
such tools and make it very easy for a deployment or a teacher at a school
to make multiple copies of the customized live usb soas sticks for their
use.

Maybe also generate a difference file and include it on the .iso to reflect
all changes from a stock .iso.? (This would be nice for troubleshooting and
support)

I do not know if this is possible to do.

Tom Gilliard
satellit