[SoaS] Suggestion:The SugarClone script needs to run from CD to make a "customized"non-persistent soas USB

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun May 2 11:25:08 EDT 2010

Fred;

Another idea on using your script:

I just tried soas-i386-20100501.07.iso burned to a CD
booted from it and then ran in sugar-terminal
su
wget http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SugarClone
chmod 077 SugarClone
./SugarClone
Got Error:
There appears to be no persistent overlay file on this image.
Cleaning up to exit..
Problem: Transfer of SugarClone failed.
Exit Code 1 was reported. Exiting..
If you also looked in home /live user for SugarClone besides /mnt/live
and allowed a non-persistent build to go ahead from running /dev/sr0
this would be a great and easy way to make a customized USB as one can load
and modify the running CD using memory.

Tom Gilliard
satellit