[SoaS] Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD (preliminary version) is available to download for testing and comments (I have just burned the , iso on a G4 Mac sucessfully ans suggestions)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 31 18:40:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 03:21:16PM -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> I do have a sugarlabs account  i use scp to upload to
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/

Then you can save yourself a considerable amount of time by mastering
the ISO in your sugarlabs account, at the same time as mastering it on
your computer, that way you don't have to upload or download the ISO, and
can prove from the md5sum that you have the same thing at sugarlabs and
on your computer.

> I wish I could use a way to so a delta update on the DVD.iso though.
> Upload took + 5 hrs.

If I were doing this the way I suggested, I'd have a new ISO publically
available in about five to fifteen minutes, depending on how fast the
hard drives are at both ends.  Even over a 56k modem!

This is one reason why scripting is so much better.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/