[SoaS] Requesting an extension for SoaS feature freeze for 4 features

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:16:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> Since feature freeze is today but I'm about to spiral into
> unconsciousness, I'm requesting an extension for edits to the
> following 4 feature proposals being submitted for review
> (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Features_submitted_for_review):
>
> * Updated Activities from the Mirabelle list - this should be
> straightforward to write up, but all the parts of the template need
> filling-in. (Basically, we that continue to ship all the Activities we
> shipped in Mirabelle, but make sure the code that's shipped is updated
> to the latest version.)
> * Including Fructose Activities that are tested and known to work -
> similar to above.
> * Remixability - already written up by Tom and discussed on this list,
> I think this needs a bit more consensus and finalizing before it's
> +1'd and would like to do that relatively quickly; the technical
> functionality for this has been working for a long time, but we have
> not done a strong marketing push for it yet.
> * More robust iso - we now have a gameplan for it that's reflected on
> the ticket, but it needs to be pulled into the feature proposal
> itself.
>
> I'll be doing this first thing when I wake up in the morning, so
> they'll only be a few hours late - I've been swamped with family stuff
> since Monday's meeting when we last discussed these, and didn't want
> to block others from working on the feature proposals (nor surprise
> people by showing up with these several hours late).

Let's extend it out to then end of the week (or maybe even until next
Monday at the SoaS meeting) but only for the above 4 proposals. The
contents of the above proposals has been long established and known so
its not a last minute suprise and there's been ongoing work on most of
them since even before SoaS-3 was released.

Can I possibly add one more to this? Samy has provided me some good
links so I'm going to attempt to write up the EU language feature over
the weekend that has also been discussed.

> Apologies for the delay,

Absolutely no need!