[SoaS] [support-gang] [IAEP] SoaS Good News/Bad News

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Apr 9 04:33:03 EDT 2010

Thanks Sean. People sometimes forget that all this is written by volunteers in their spare time. E.g., I made the image-writer-mac.py script. Is it what a regular Mac user would want to use? Of course not. It does not have a graphical interface, and cannot be used from the Finder. But it's a lot easier and safer than having to manually figure out the necessary commands.  I could program a graphical interface too, yes, but I don't really have time. I need to work to feed my family too. And the little spare time that's left I spend on Etoys. Because that requires some rather specific skills, whereas writing say an AppleScript GUI to copy SoaS could basically be done by *any* developer on a Mac.

So here's a plan: find more Mac developers, tell them your problems ;)

- Bert -