[SoaS] [IAEP][DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:00:37 EDT 2009

Hi Walter,

>>> I'm trying to point out that SL had better have an idea of what it
>>> wants out of SoaS if it wants to invest time in it.  So far it seems
>>> like SL wants to put in (great) marketing and get out a linux distro
>>> that beats Fedora in hardware and community support.
>>
>> I don't understand this point, which seems to be the crux of the issue...
>> SoaS *is* Fedora.  Are there any circumstances where Fedora would work
>> better than SoaS on target hardware?
>
> Further, the work we have been doing at GPA and with other SoaS
> efforts has provided feedback from real-world situations that will
> hopefully impact (in a positive way) the efforts at Fedora, Suse,
> Trisquel and others. It is not so much the size of the deployment as
> how much we learn from it that matters.

How is that being fed back upstream to Fedora and the other distros. I
must admit due to lack of time I've been mostly ignoring the GPA
emails but I do have other feedback loops and I've not heard how these
'real-world situations' are improving Fedora. Is there a concise wiki
page I can reference to ensure I can assist in getting these suggested
improvements upstream.