[SoaS] [IAEP][DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:14:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Walter,

>>> I don't understand this point, which seems to be the crux of the issue...
>>> SoaS *is* Fedora.  Are there any circumstances where Fedora would work
>>> better than SoaS on target hardware?
>>
>> Further, the work we have been doing at GPA and with other SoaS
>> efforts has provided feedback from real-world situations that will
>> hopefully impact (in a positive way) the efforts at Fedora, Suse,
>> Trisquel and others. It is not so much the size of the deployment as
>> how much we learn from it that matters.
>
> How is that being fed back upstream to Fedora and the other distros. I
> must admit due to lack of time I've been mostly ignoring the GPA
> emails but I do have other feedback loops and I've not heard how these
> 'real-world situations' are improving Fedora. Is there a concise wiki
> page I can reference to ensure I can assist in getting these suggested
> improvements upstream.
>
> Peter

I cannot say for sure that Fedora's Live USB efforts are being
influenced by our feedback. Most feedback is getting back to Fedora
through Sebastian. Alas, there is not a concise wiki page and there is
still a lot of noise in the feedback--something we are working to
improve. But what we do have is about 50 kids and teachers using
SoaS--mostly with few problems--which is pretty good news.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs