[SoaS] [IAEP][DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:53:37 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>
> wrote:

[snip]

>> I'm trying to point out that SL had better have an idea of what it
>> wants out of SoaS if it wants to invest time in it.  So far it seems
>> like SL wants to put in (great) marketing and get out a linux distro
>> that beats Fedora in hardware and community support.
>
> I don't understand this point, which seems to be the crux of the issue...
> SoaS *is* Fedora.  Are there any circumstances where Fedora would work
> better than SoaS on target hardware?

Further, the work we have been doing at GPA and with other SoaS
efforts has provided feedback from real-world situations that will
hopefully impact (in a positive way) the efforts at Fedora, Suse,
Trisquel and others. It is not so much the size of the deployment as
how much we learn from it that matters.

-walter

> -Wade

Walter Bender