[SoaS] DP summary of discussion time?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:27:40 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at hrdnz.com> wrote:
> My answers:
> Question 1: "Should Sugar Labs be a GNU/Linux distributor, rather than
> just an upstream producing Sugar releases?"
> 1. no - don't want to force people to use one distribution as this
> could create a barrier to entry
>
> Question 2: "Should SL be neutral about distributions containing
> Sugar, and refuse to endorse one over another?"
> 2. yes - neutral about what distribution you base Sugar on so as not
> to create barriers to entry for anyone

I see two  variants to this question that we might want to ask separately:

2+ : "Should SL be neutral about all distros containing Sugar,
regardless of how integral Sugar is to the distro and its intended
uses?"

2.1: "Should SL be available to provide outreach, publicity campaigns,
mentoring and other support for distributions [containing | centered
around] Sugar?"

You could answer 'yes' to 2 but 'no' to 2+ (though perhaps not
vice-versa)... and 2.1 is pretty independent of 2.