[SoaS] DP summary of discussion time?

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Tue Oct 6 06:01:52 EDT 2009

My answers:
Question 1: "Should Sugar Labs be a GNU/Linux distributor, rather than
just an upstream producing Sugar releases?"
1. no - don't want to force people to use one distribution as this
could create a barrier to entry

Question 2: "Should SL be neutral about distributions containing
Sugar, and refuse to endorse one over another?"
2. yes - neutral about what distribution you base Sugar on so as not
to create barriers to entry for anyone

Question 3: "Should 'Sugar on a Stick' be a phrase that SL asks its
community to avoid using unless they refer to the SoaS-Fedora
distribution?"
3. yes - need to have no confusion on what a user has when they say
they are using Sugar on a Stick, use other names for other products