Press release distribution ordered!

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:21:39 EDT 2009

Marketers,

I am very pleased to report that despite last-minute hurdles and
difficulties, I managed to place the press release today for Monday
morning distribution with a US distributor, eReleases which offers
special discounts for nonprofits.

They are partners with PR Newswire, one of the leading distributors in
English to 30,000 journalists at 17,000 media sources, including
websites and online services and in particular directly to Google News
and Yahoo News.

Note that not all releases are sent to all journalists; although there
is a general case of newspapers and broadcast media (TV, radio,
newspapers) who get "everything" and filter & sort locally every
morning, many other recipients are individual journalists, columnists
etc. who cover a beat and tick off category boxes and receive daily
digests on the subjects that interest them. For those, I placed in
three categories:

* Education
* Children & Youth
* High Tech - Software

Other categories could have potential (High Tech - Public
Sector/Government, Parenting, Nonprofit Industry) but at $100 a pop
from the third category on, we can't have everything :-)

Note that we will also be sending the release directly to over 300
American and French journalists and websites with interest in
education or software. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to compile
lists for other countries; this time we will just have to hope that
there is play in the US media and journalists in other countries come
to the site and find the English and French and Spanish and German
versions we are preparing this weekend, and other languages to be
added later. Fingers crossed!

Although a small possibility exists that we will be swamped with
traffic, it's much more exciting to deal with that problem than
ignorance & indifference problems :-)

Hopefully our telephone line will be operational and the website
navigation and URL issues ironed out in time.

thanks

Sean
Marketing Coordinator