Serious problem, wiki URL not fixed and bad URL now substituted for good one in Google search results!

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Mar 13 12:11:54 EDT 2009

Sean DALY wrote:
> Bernie- We have a serious problem, the integration difficulties
> between the new homepage and the wiki have not only not been solved,
> Google is now pointing to the wiki page instead of the homepage!

I see both http://www.sugarlabs.org/ and http://sugarlabs.org/ correctly
pointing at the wiki.

Do Google results find the wiki?  I'm afraid we can't do anything about
that, because Google ranking is based on popularity (number of incoming
links, etc), rather than just the URL.

> We need to fix this right now, the launch is Monday morning and the
> website is not reachable through search or the wiki!
>
> Will you be with us in the marketing meeting now?

Yes!

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/