Merchandise

Todd Kelsey todd.e.kelsey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 13:10:27 EST 2009

Glad to be helpful if I can - not sure what is needed - personally I would
love to see another round of OLPC World Tour band passes become available.
See http://tinyurl.com/olpcworldtour

It's not on-demand like cafepress per se but if a small bit of funding were
available I think I could figure out a way to do fulfillment - a pretty
cheap way to do something that would be pretty tribal and probably fun for
most anyone who would have one. At least a great deal of fun for me to wear
one on a lanyard and self-identify with the past and present full time
workers and volunteers of olpc, all of whom are my eternal heroes.

I am finishing a budget for an OLPC-related grant proposal today and I'm
thinking about including a line item for a fundraising album, and a "virtual
world tour", so if I do that I could include something to make some t-shirts
and band passes available. I think a small amt of $$ in t-shirts, band
passes and music could go a long way in capturing imaginations.

In the low/no overhead category, I'm personally in favor of mainly mugs and
t-shirts, especially if anyone had advanced to the point of offering the
ability to do black t-shirts with on demand art, which I don't know if there
is.

But it still feels as though maybe one of the longest term, cheapest impacts
could be getting something going in the area of "cause cards", just giving
people the ability to order business cards and put an OLPC theme on the
second side, pointing to a url where impact is clearly demonstrated and then
having a pitch url for donating - http://tinyurl.com/causecards

--
- Todd Kelsey