Merchandise

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 30 12:52:47 EST 2009

Mel Chua wrote:
\> I think this would be quiet nice, with the "add an X% donation to
Sugar
> Labs!" option by the cart. Stickers, shirts, sugar-on-a-stick sticks,
> and liveCDs would be good things for starters.

The Zazzle (http://www.zazzle.com/) web site that Nick proposed is
perfect to do this with very little overhead for us.  We just need
someone to publish the designs and a wiki page to point people at them.

The downside is that their gadgets are somewhat expensive and even
more so when shipped overseas to Europe.  I'd say let's do this and
then find a better solution when someone steps up to do it.

Todd Kelsey (cc'd), did an amazing job with unofficial OLPC
merchandise last year.  Maybe he has ideas and suggestions?

David Farning wrote:
> Look to the fedora ambassadors for advice and guidance.  They are
> really good at getting out the word _cheaply_

Do you have specific contacts?  Greg?

> What permission would have to be asked to start this up? For instance,
> could I (as a volunteer) fire up a cafepress store or an
> xoexplosion-like thing and donate some or all of the profits* to SL and
> if so who (if anyone) would we have to ask, could only Sugar Labs start
> Ye Olde Sugar Swag Shoppe, etc?
>
> Something to talk about at the next Marketing meeting, though I am
> not sure who the Legal Stuffs Expert Type Peoples To Speak With are.
> Any ideas? *adds to agenda*

We have already agreed some time ago that we will adopt the same
trademark policy of the Wikipedia:

   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Logo_and_trademark_policy

It just needs to be documented somewhere in our MarketingTeam pages.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/