Re: very rough... help‏

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:16:50 EST 2009

A little try at rewording:

Pedagogy:

>> Based upon 40+ years of educational research at Harvard and MIT, Sugar
>> promotes "studio thinking": demonstrations, projects, and critiques;
>> as well as "studio habits of mind": develop craft, engage and persist,
>> envision, express, observe, reflect, stretch and explore, and
>> understand the art world. In the context of Sugar, studio thinking is
>> applied not just to the arts, but to all disciplines.

A slightly different format

 Based upon 40+ years of educational research, Sugar promotes
demonstrations, projects, and critiques-"Studio Thinking";
as well as, developing craft, engaging and persisting,
envisioning, expressing, observing, reflecting, stretching and exploring,
and understanding the art world-"Studio Habits of Mind".
In the context of Sugar, studio thinking is
applied not just to the arts, but to all disciplines.

>>At the same time, Sugar is flexible; it works coherently with the wide
>>variety of instructional frameworks, deepening the student's learning
>>experience. Sugar also provides access to internet learning resources.

>>I think a line that expresses that Sugar can be an extension to the Lesson plans they already are
>>using might be a valuable addition from the Teachers point of view.

>>Allowing them to understand that they do not have to rework all their lesson plans but can use Sugar activities
>>as an extension/enhancement or add on to what they are presently doing.

At the same time, Sugar is flexible; it works as an enhancement and extension to a wide variety of instructional
frameworks, deepening and documenting the student's learning experience with the help of Sugar's wonderful Portfolio Tool.
Sugar also provides a rich browsing experience and access to the internet and all the beneficial learning opportunities and
resources it provides.

JT