[IAEP] [SLOBS] ACTION Required: Approval Internal Procedure definition: "Request for Travel Policy exemptions"

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:03:04 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> Hi SLOBs,
>
> *To avoid future Sugar Labs travelers to have to request personal loans to
> fulfill their programs expectations* and as it has been discussed
> recently by the Board, Sugar Labs Travel Policy is subject to Software
> Freedom Conservancy Travel Policy and therefore we are required to
> approve a procedure
> <https://github.com/conservancy/policies/blob/master/Travel/conservancy-travel-policy.txt#L220>
> for "Request for Travel Policy exemptions".
>
> I have documented the following draft on: https://wiki.sugarlabs.
> org/go/Procedures with very limited understanding of Ignacio's US$350
> Cash Advance April 2017 Travel Policy - rejection circumstances.
>
> Those with more info, please read and give back your constructive feedback
> to enhance the procedure before making a *proper motion to approve the
> procedure.*
>

> Regards,
> Laura V
> Internal Procedure #01: "Request for Travel Policy exemptions"
>
> >Action 1: Any Sugar Labs member/contributor can request a Cash advance -
> Travel Policy exemption by sending a formal request to slobs AT
> lists.sugarlabs.org detailing the reason for the request, the amount of
> the request, the date needed and any other relevant information. Requesting
> party understands SFC has the final approval for his/her request and must
> make sure to ask with enough anticipation of the need of the Cash advance -
> Travel Policy exemption.
>
> >Action 2: Sugar Labs Oversight Board members manage project funds, and
> according to available balance on Sugar Labs Accounts at the date of the
> request, they must try to reach consensus in the form of majority of votes
> to approve or disapprove the request. Once the request gets approved or
> disapproved the decision shall be documented on
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions.
>
> >Action 3: In case of an approved decision, Sugar Labs representative or
> his/her delegate (e.g. Sugar Labs Financial Manager) will communicate to
> SFC the decision and make in Sugar Labs behalf the correspondent Cash
> Advance - Travel Policy exemption request and follow up the result with the
> Conservancy sharing the results with the Sugar Labs Oversight Board and the
> requesting party.
>
> --
> Laura V.
> * I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*
>
> “Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
> ~ L. Victoria
>
> Happy Learning!
> #LearningByDoing
> #Projects4good
> #IDesignATSugarLabs
> #WeCanDoBetter

Laura,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this. I made some edits that are
largely cosmetic, and also added a section regarding criteria. The latter
needs input.

The oversight board will discuss the request and may ask for clarification.
The criteria for approval include:

   - availability of funds
   -  ???

regards.