[IAEP] [SLOBS] ACTION Required: Approval Internal Procedure definition: "Request for Travel Policy exemptions"

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Sep 7 15:37:58 EDT 2017

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi SLOBs,
>>
>> *To avoid future Sugar Labs travelers to have to request personal loans
>> to fulfill their programs expectations* and as it has been discussed
>> recently by the Board, Sugar Labs Travel Policy is subject to Software
>> Freedom Conservancy Travel Policy and therefore we are required to
>> approve a procedure
>> <https://github.com/conservancy/policies/blob/master/Travel/conservancy-travel-policy.txt#L220>
>> for "Request for Travel Policy exemptions".
>>
>> I have documented the following draft on: https://wiki.sugarlabs.org
>> /go/Procedures with very limited understanding of Ignacio's US$350 Cash
>> Advance April 2017 Travel Policy - rejection circumstances.
>>
>> Those with more info, please read and give back your constructive
>> feedback to enhance the procedure before making a *proper motion to
>> approve the procedure.*
>>

>> Regards,
>> Laura V
>> Internal Procedure #01: "Request for Travel Policy exemptions"
>>
>> >Action 1: Any Sugar Labs member/contributor can request a Cash advance -
>> Travel Policy exemption by sending a formal request to slobs AT
>> lists.sugarlabs.org detailing the reason for the request, the amount of
>> the request, the date needed and any other relevant information. Requesting
>> party understands SFC has the final approval for his/her request and must
>> make sure to ask with enough anticipation of the need of the Cash advance -
>> Travel Policy exemption.
>>
>> >Action 2: Sugar Labs Oversight Board members manage project funds, and
>> according to available balance on Sugar Labs Accounts at the date of the
>> request, they must try to reach consensus in the form of majority of votes
>> to approve or disapprove the request. Once the request gets approved or
>> disapproved the decision shall be documented on
>> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions.
>>
>> >Action 3: In case of an approved decision, Sugar Labs representative or
>> his/her delegate (e.g. Sugar Labs Financial Manager) will communicate to
>> SFC the decision and make in Sugar Labs behalf the correspondent Cash
>> Advance - Travel Policy exemption request and follow up the result with the
>> Conservancy sharing the results with the Sugar Labs Oversight Board and the
>> requesting party.
>>
>> --
>> Laura V.
>> * I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*
>>
>> “Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
>> ~ L. Victoria
>>
>> Happy Learning!
>> #LearningByDoing
>> #Projects4good
>> #IDesignATSugarLabs
>> #WeCanDoBetter

> Laura,
>
> Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.

Your welcome!

I undid your changes since *a procedure needs to have Action items clearly
identified to be able to track any upgrade required to the proposed
procedure*.

Your inquiry is related to  Action 2 of the proposed procedure:

>Action 2: Sugar Labs Oversight Board members manage project funds, and
according to available balance on Sugar Labs Accounts at the date of the
request, they must try to reach consensus in the form of majority of votes
to approve or disapprove the request. Once the request gets approved or
disapproved the decision shall be documented on
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions.

Please be as specific as possible. What else would you like Action 2 to say?

We can add it once we have a better understanding of your suggestion.

Regards and thanks for helping out

Laura