[IAEP] Enhancements to Sugar

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Oct 10 22:47:54 EDT 2017

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 04:31:03PM -0700, Ryan Cunningham wrote:
> Dear Sugar Labs,
>
> I would like to propose several enhancements to the Sugar user
> interface, as follows:
>
> (1) An addition to the Frame, allowing the user to see the date and
> time from within Sugar. This should be in the form of a clock in the
> bottom right of the Frame, between the network and display panels.

Check out some mockups and previous discussions:

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Clock_in_Frame
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-May/014143.html
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-May/014257.html

I seem to recall some very old discussion about pedagogical objections to
having the clock in the Frame, but I can't find them.

> Ryan Cunningham

Martin